Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Forget 100HappyDays, I Want A Lifetime of Happiness

Recently, I read about the internet craze known as 100 Happy Days challenge. If you undertake the challenge, you post one picture a day to your social media sites about something that made you happy that day, be it a warm cup of coffee, a good friend, or simply quiet time. Reading about the challenge made me realize that I am happy every day, but sometimes I don't take the time to appreciate it. I don't want to just be happy for 100 days, I want my life to center on all the moments of happiness that I already have and use those moments to build more.

While I will attempt to take on the 100 Happy Days challenge on this blog, I also want to foster a space that highlights that happiness is not mutually exclusive of challenge, setbacks, and sorrow. Yet, choosing to dwell on the day-to-day happiness is what make me - and I think many others - enjoy life.


No comments:

Post a Comment