Wednesday, January 8, 2014

#100HappyDays Day 1: Finding My Way to My Yoga Mat

#100HappyDays Day #1

Today, I found my way back to my yoga mat after a prolonged absence. Sure, I had been traveling away from my yoga studio, I was a bit sick, and the Polar Vortex hit Chicago but I still should have made time for myself. Yoga is a practice of failure in the best possible way. There is always something more to work towards in yoga, which takes away the feeling of accomplishing of a task and oh how I love instant gratification! Instead, in yoga, you push yourself to your body's limit and when you hit that limit, you fall out of a pose. That 'failure' defines our abilities and teaches us that accomplishment isn't a task, its a process. Thus, every day you make it to your mat, you succeed. 

My motivation to make it to my mat today was that one of my favorite yoga teachers was leading a practice at CorePower Yoga in Hyde Park.  An 8am C2 cleared my mind for the day and reinvigorated my desire to make it to the studio daily.   

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment